St. Margaret’s House is comprised of 226 one-bedroom and 23 two-bedroom units. Included in these numbers are 19 one-bedroom and 12 two-bedroom units designed specifically for people with mobility impairments. The special design features of our mobility impaired units include:
- a lowered peephole in the front door
- lowered emergency pull cords and intercom panel
- cabinets removed from under the kitchen sink
- thresholds removed between doorways
- grab-bars located near the toilet as well as in the shower
- deepened hall closet for wheelchair accessibility
All apartments include a kitchen, private bathroom, and air conditioning in the living room and bedroom(s).
Common areas include a beautiful central atrium, community rooms, library, art gallery wing, and outdoor gardens. The building provides a 24-hour security guard at the front desk.