Since opening our doors in 1981, St. Margaret’s House has not only provided quality housing for the elderly and disabled, but we have also served as a beacon in the neighborhood. During the hours following the events of 9/11, we were privileged to provide refreshment and comfort to crowds of people who were walking on Fulton Street away from the destruction. Visitors of all ages enjoy a respite in our spacious atrium year-round. As a designated polling site for the NYC Board of Elections, we welcome voters for all local, state and federal elections. The Resident Council Thrift Shop is open to the public and well known for its large selection and great bargains thanks to generous donations from our residents and neighbors. Visits by children from nearby schools provide intergenerational sharing opportunities. Volunteers from area churches contribute their time to maintain our beautiful gardens. A successful collaboration with Pace University’s Lienhard School of Nursing has resulted in increased health supports for our residents and hands-on learning opportunities for a select group of nursing students.
Our long-standing commitment to supporting our wider community extends to over 20 various groups and organizations who hold their meetings and events here every day of the week.
A partial list of those public meetings is:
- Seaport AA – Mon thru Fri (12:15 pm-1:15 pm)
- Tribeca AA – Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat (7:30 pm-8:30 pm)
- DA – Tues (12:15 pm-1:15 pm)
- AA Sobriety NOW – Wed (7:30 pm-8:30 pm)
- SAA – Thurs (6:45 pm-7:45 pm)
- NA F.E.A.R – Fri (5:30 pm-7:00 pm)
- Al-Anon – Thurs, Fri, Sun (7:00 pm-9:00 pm)
- UA HOW Arts – Sun (12:30 pm-1:30 pm)
- Camera Club – Once a month, Wed (6:00pm-8:00pm)
- Big Apple Miniaturists – Once a month, Sat (10:00am-2:00pm)
Our community rooms are available for rent by nonprofit organizations only. We do not accommodate private or corporate functions. For inquiries regarding room rental availability, please contact us.